Study in Canada: Carleton University Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships 2019/2020 for African Students
Applications are invited for the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship to African students for undergraduate/graduate study at Carleton University.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
About the Award: The Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship, valued at $5,000 for the 2019/2020 academic year, is awarded annually to an outstanding international student from an African country. The award was endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidate:
- must be a citizen of an African country.
- must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- must be in good academic standing.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: $5,000
How to Apply:
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada
Acceptable referees would include:
Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
Dean of a Faculty
A Director of a School or Institute
A Chair of a Department or Program
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat