African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) Young Insurance Professionals Programme 2021 for Young Africans
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the- job experience.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2020.
Eligible Countries: Africa Re member countries
About the Award: The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is one of several ways Africa Re fulfils one of its missions to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa. The YIPP is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. It is a unique opportunity for young people with passion for insurance and reinsurance and the potential to become future leaders.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the Reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP);
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
How to Apply: Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit an online application between 15 October and 15 November 2020 by logging on to this link here
Award Providers: African Reinsurance Corporation