African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) Young Insurance Professionals Programme for Young Africans 2018
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the- job experience.
Application Deadline: 6th June 2018.
Eligible Countries: Africa Re member countries
About the Award: The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is one of several ways Africa Re fulfils one of its missions to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa. The YIPP is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. It is a unique opportunity for young people with passion for insurance and reinsurance and the potential to become future leaders.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the Reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP);
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
- Fill in the application form (Link above).
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, reference forms and a cover letter. An interview may be part of the assessment process if deemed necessary.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 30 June 2018 and must be available to commence the programme in July 2018. Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
Award Providers: African Reinsurance Corporation
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World