Nestlé Creating Shared Value Prize for Social Entrepreneurs 2017
In celebration of 10 years of Creating Shared Value, Nestlé has partnered with Ashoka, the world’s leading network of systems-changing social entrepreneurs, to search for, support and accelerate solutions tackling the biggest issues in water, nutrition and rural development.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2017.
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Prize winners will be awarded in Brazil
About the Award: Nestlé established the CSV Prize to reward initiatives that reflect the spirit of Creating Shared Value. We look for innovative projects, programmes or businesses that have already been tested either as a pilot study or at a small scale; that demonstrate positive social and environmental impact; and that need support to become commercially viable.
Nestlé invests financial and technical resources in the winning initiatives, to help them expand and achieve financial sustainability.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Contest
- Entities eligible for the CSV Prize are social, private or hybrid enterprises as well as non-governmental organisations (NGOs). Applications from local, grassroots organizations are preferred over applications from international, large-scale
- Teams of individuals, employees of Nestlé S.A., their parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint ventures, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family, defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside, and/or those living in the same household) are not eligible.
- The aforementioned employees (and members of their immediate family as defined in the paragraph before) will not be eligible neither if they participate through an organisation that they have founded or where they hold a major participation or
- Applications must be in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
- Applications covering programmes that have been awarded the CSV Prize in former nomination periods are not eligible for the CSV Prize again.
Selection Criteria: Winning applications will show strength in the following areas:
- Environmental Impact
- Social Impact
- Financial Sustainability
- Organizational Leadership
- Potential for Creating Shared Value
Number of Awards: Not specified. The Creating Shared Value Council may decide to award the Prize to more than one, but a maximum of three, Winners.
Value of Award: For 2018, the Prize package includes a cash prize of up to CHF 400’000, a pitch opportunity at the World Water Forum in Brasil in 2018, and a prestigious Ashoka Fellowship.
Duration of Program: March 2018: Public announcement of the Nestlé CSV Prize Winner 2018
How to Apply: APPLY ONLINE
Award Providers: Nestlé