David Oyedepo Foundation Agronnovation Essay Competition 2017. Win a Full Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation is offering undergraduate scholarship opportunities (to either Covenant or Landmark Universities) to African students who can adequately respond to the Essay questions.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2017
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Field of Study: Programs covered by the DOF Agronnovation Award are
Agricultural And Biosystems Engineering
About the Award: The David Oyedepo Foundation is a non-profit organization that is committed to raising individuals and platforms that would in turn bring about change to the economy of Africa as a continent and by ripple effect,
the rest of the world. As a Foundation, we are passionate about education and Agricultural practices in Africa and we are committed to the development of platforms for educating tomorrow’s Agricultural giants. One such platform is the David Oyedepo Foundation Agronnovation Essay Competition.
The DOF Agronnovation Essay Competition is a program committed to solving the following issues:
1. Minimal Expertise among youth with relation to the Agricultural Industry
2. Poor Subscription to agriculture related courses by the Nigerian youth
3. Lack of youths with passion to drive millennial changes in Nigeria’s agricultural industry
4. Minimal level of agricultural innovation in Nigeria
5. Minimal organizations committed to the support of the growth of agriculture in Nigeria
The goal of the essay competition is to harness academically excellent students who are passionate about agriculture especially within the Nigerian context
Eligibility: The David Oyedepo Foundation Agronnovation Essay Competition is open to Young Africans who:
1. Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
2. Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
3. Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa (for International Students)
4. Are proficient in oral and written English
5. Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
6. 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
7. 5 Distinction pass-grades (As and Bs) in O-Level Certificate Examinations.
8. Recorded distinction pass (As and Bs) in Agriculture related subject in Transcript and O-Level
9. Already have begun admission applications to Landmark University
10. Go through Landmark University application process. (Scholarships would not be awarded until proof
of admission to Landmark University is provided at the end of the competition).
11. In good health.
12. Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
Selection Criteria: Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
A proven record of superior scholastic ability
Displayed passion in agriculture related fields and practices
A proven record of leadership and community involvement
A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course AND Monthly upkeep allowance
Duration of Program: The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
How to Apply: Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship/ read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is
any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of
Proof of Admission to Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence
applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received
Award Provider: Applications must be submitted online at https://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Email submissions will be disregarded.
There are a series of sections that interested applicant must fill in the Application. This includes the Essay section.
Essay Section: This section includes a number of essay questions that must be completed. Each essay has a word limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded. Your responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better understand you as a person and as a leader, in light of the expectations of the David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship award.
Important Notes: The Foundation does not secure admission to Landmark University. All admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. All inquiry for admission can be directed to the University through their website: www.landmarkuniversity.edu.ng.
Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. For foreign applications, all VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World