World Youth Alliance (WYA) Africa Vanessa Cherese Scholarship 2019. Funded to New York, USA
World Youth Alliance (WYA) Africa opens the 2018 search for a passionate, committed, and dedicated World Youth Alliance member from Africa who will represent the region in the second or third batch of the WYA Global Internship Program (May–July or September-December 2019) in New York City, USA. Successful completion of WYA’s Certified Training Program and Regional Internship Program in the WYA Africa regional office are prerequisites to apply for the search.
Application Deadline: 3rd November 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): New York City, USA
- Aged 30 years old and below
- University student or graduate
- Good command of the English language (writing and oral), French as a second language will be appreciated
- Strong skills in management, team work, public speaking, fundraising, and planning
- Signed WYA Charter
- World Youth Alliance Regional Internship Alumna
- Completed International Internship Application Form and Scholarship Application Form** (this can be merged as one)
- Completed WYA’s Certified Training Program with a score of at least 85 and above
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages)
- Cover Letter addressed to the WYA Africa Regional Director
- 3 recommendation letters, 1 of which must certify financial need for the support under the scholarship
- Commitment to serve the region as a member of the National Committee of their country after their return from the International Internship.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Program: The chosen WYA member will receive the Vanessa Cherese Scholarship which includes:
- 3-month project management and advocacy training at the WYA Headquarters in New York
- Opportunity to represent the WYA Africa region in the International Solidarity Forum
- Roundtrip economy class flight tickets from the airport of departure to New York, USA
- Shared room accommodations with facilities in New York (a value of approximately $4,500)
Further financial support during the internship can be granted on a case-to-case basis. The selected member is responsible for expenses related to visa application and local transportation from his or her province to the airport of departure.
How to Apply:
- Completion of the Application Process
- Submission of the required essay question
- Complete application sent to email@example.com
- Applicants should submit their completed application requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject 2019WYAAVCSF_LastName on or before November 3, 2018.
Award Provider: World Youth Alliance (WYA)