University College London (UCL) and United World Colleges (UWC) with International Student House (ISH), have agreed to collaborate in a scheme to enable graduates of UWC, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University College London (UCL), UK
Eligible Field of Study: courses offered at UCL
About the Award: With this scheme UCL supports the aims of UWC to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. Two bursaries are available annually for UWC-nominated students who have firmly accepted their UCL admissions offer.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be a final-year IB Diploma student attending a United World College (or completed their studies in the preceding calendar year – candidates from Waterford Kamhlaba UWC only);
- apply for admission through UCAS by 15 January 2019 for a full-time undergraduate degree programme of study at UCL and firmly accept your UCL offer;
- be assessed as paying overseas tuition fees, and
- lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Selection Criteria: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit, based on the aims of the bursary.
Number of Awardees: Two
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships will consist of:
- full tuition fees;
- maintenance allowance of £7,000 per year, for three years (consideration could be made for four-year programme – you must state this in your scholarship application);
- free accommodation in a standard of twin room at International Student House for up to three years (40 weeks contact per year) with the possibility of an extension into the fourth year where required;
- reinbursement of Tier 4 Visa application costs;
- international economy air travel to/from the UK (with reasonable baggage costs) at the beginning and end of the award holders degree programme.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the student’s programme of study.
How to Apply
You must apply for admission to UCL to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.