3D Africa HackforGood Hackathon for Creative Tech Students in Nigeria 2018
Want to hack for a good cause? Apply to meet coders, makers and creative minds. 3D Africa will challenge participants to design, ideate and 3D print new things.
Application Deadline: 23rd June 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Nigeria
About the Award:3D Africa’s HackforGood is an innovation accelerator for students, entrepreneurs and creatives. In this unique community, youth connect with other businesses and academic institutions to prototype products that accelerate growth, product innovation and job creation while delivering meaningful partnerships and global impact.
HackforGood2018 will bring together 50 incredibly talented women and men from universities and communities across Nigeria to innovate for good. Participants will have access to digital manufacturing tools and training. Working in teams, they will propose and build technology products that address real needs in their communities.
Eligibility: All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome. Volunteers to participate over the course of 3 days are also welcome.
- Through a competitive application process, HackforGood will attract 20 students between the ages of 18 and 30. Applicants may be techies, programmers, humanists, artists, entrepreneurs, graphic designers, educators and creative visionaries.
- Teams will first participate in a Human Centered Design, Fusion 360, Arduino programming and 3D printing workshop. They will form teams and brainstorm solutions to problem in the area of health, security, transportation and agriculture.
- Team products will be judged based on communicated criteria and prizes will be awarded.
- We especially welcome female participants.
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Program: HackforGood will:
- Identify local talent with the desire to learn and embrace human centered design and 3D printing for impact.
- Enhance positive team building for participants fueled with creativity, innovation and cross-collaboration.
- We invite you to apply and come and meet other enthusiastic creators passionate about designing and building a world with cutting edge technology!
Duration of Program: August 2-4, 2018
How to Apply: Click here to apply
Award Provider: 3D Africa
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat