European Society of Cardiology EACVI Training Grants for Select Countries 2018
The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) is offering the best opportunity for specialised training in the field of non-invasive cardiovascular imaging!
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018
Eligible Countries: ESC Member country or an ESC Affiliated Member Country. See List below
To be taken at (country): ESC Member country other than applicant’s own. See List below
About the Award: The EACVI training programme offers a financial support for a period up to 6 months to help young candidates, under 38 years old or in training under 40 years old, in expanding their skills in a high standard clinical centre or University with a large domain expertise within an ESC Member country other than their own.
The EACVI training programme provides an opportunity for specialised training in the field of non-invasive imaging modalities (Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac Computed Tomography), in order to help doctors to achieve experience and skills in a high standard clinical centre or University with a large domain expertise within an ESC Member country other than their own.
This programme can be considered as a valorisation of the geographical mobility as well as cultural exchanges and professional practice in the field of cardiology.
Fields of Research: Submitted proposals should focus on specialised training in technique(s) related to the field of non-invasive imaging modalities (Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac Computed Tomography).
Eligibility: Eligible applicants for the Grant are those who are:
- Under 38 years old or in training under 40 years old on the day of the application deadline AND
- Members of the EACVI Silver or Gold level for 2018
- Citizens or residents for tax purposes of a country which is a regular ESC Member country or an ESC Affiliated Member Country
- Medical graduates at any stage in their career
- In agreement with a host institution
- outside their own country or the country in which they followed their initial medicine training (if it is a regular ESC Member country)
- which offers good training opportunities and is acknowledged as an expert centre for that particular field of cardiovascular imaging.
- Motivation letter (Q11 of EACVI Grant Training Form Part A): 1-5 points
- Training programme: 1-10 points
- CV: 1-5 points
- Lab facilities and certification: 1-5 points
- Prior contribution in EACVI (HIT ambassador, EACVI Committee member, involvement in EACVI projects and activities etc): 1-5 points
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program:
- EACVI Training Grant recipients will receive a sum of 1,500 Euros per month for their daily subsistence. An agreement will be signed between the Host Institution and the Grant recipient.
- If for any reason the Grant recipient has to stop his/her training period, the refund of the Grant may be required pro rata.
- For host centres offering a dedicated training programme, the EACVI will provide 500 Euros per month and per trainee to cover the institutional costs (workplace arrangements, informatics, educational material, teaching and support).
Duration of Program: 6 months
Eligible Countries: Albania, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland ,Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Jamaica, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong SAR, People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Republic of, Macau SAR, People’s Republic of China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Taiwan, Thailand, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam
How to Apply: Apply by requesting your application forms to [email protected]
You will receive your application form within 15 days.
Please provide your contact details (Names, Titles, Main Address, Telephone number) when requesting your application forms. Incomplete requests may prolong the whole process.
Award Provider: European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
Important Notes: The final validation of the application will be subject to visa acceptance (if necessary).
Applicants who are in doubt about their eligibility are advised to contact the EACVI prior to submitting an application. Applicants are advised to read the explanatory notes carefully before submitting an application.