Estonian National Scholarships for International Students, Researchers and Academic Staff 2018/2019
The Estonian Government scholarships for Master’s study are intended to support the degree study of international students at the Estonian institutions of higher education (HEI).
Application Deadline: 1st May 2018
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Estonia
Type: Masters, Research
- A scholarship is paid on condition that the scholarship recipient is studying full time and completes cumulatively at least 75% of the coursework required by the curriculum by the end of each academic year. The scholarship of degree study is not paid during the stay at academic leave or in exceeding the nominal duration of the studies.
- The commission will favour applicants who have not been granted or given any other scholarships for the same period or for the same aim.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: 350 EUR per month. Additional costs such as tuition fee, health insurance and other costs will not be compensated.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship for degree study is paid for twelve calendar months each academic year during the nominal period of study, except the last academic year of the nominal period of study when the scholarship is paid for ten months.
How to Apply: The entrance to the institution of higher education is separate from the application for the scholarship. The decision to award scholarship for the applicant does not guarantee his/her admittance to the HEI. The applicant should submit the required documents to the HEI according to the entrance requirements of the institution of higher education. The decision on admittance to the institution of higher education should be adopted before the payment of scholarship.
The following documents shall be submitted for the scholarship for students (application period is from 1.04.2018 to 1.05.2018):
- application form and motivation letter through online application system
- confirmation of admission from the higher education institution in Estonia or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- copy of passport or ID-card.
All documents should be in English or Estonian. Documents must be translated to any of these languages if the language of issuance is different. The foundation has the right to require the additional documents. Submitted documents will be not returned to the applicant. The applications which are not full complicated, drawn up as required, include false information or are submitted with a delay are not assessed.
The application system link: https://taotlused.archimedes.ee/EN/pub_login.php. Please register in order to start the application.
Award Provider: Estonian Government