The Kofi Annan Scholarship offers fellowship grant for an emerging leader from a developing country for a one-year full-time Masters in Management (MIM) education at European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) in Berlin, Germany.
- The MIM program starts in September of each year with a final application deadline of 30th June 2018.
- The MBA program begins in January of each year with a final application deadline of 30th September 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Applicants must be resident in one of the UN’s Least Developed Countries (LDCs) or Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs)
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany
About the Award: The Kofi Annan scholarship provides the opportunity for talented and motivated students from developing countries who do not belong to a privileged class and lack sufficient financial means to study Masters in Management (MIM) at ESMT in Berlin and graduate from the most international business school in Germany.
Upon return to their home countries, the fellows are expected to contribute to the strengthening of entrepreneurial capacity and the fostering of a stable market economy as an effective catalyst for their country’s development, job creation, and poverty alleviation.
Type: Masters, MBA
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Kofi Annan Scholarship:
- MIM applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with excellent grades, less than 18 months of work experience, and proficient English skills. In certain cases a GMAT or GRE score may be requested.
- MBA applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree of any kind, a minimum of three years of professional experience, a GMAT or GRE score, and proficient English skills.
- All applicants should have a willingness to contribute to building the economy and society of the home country with entrepreneurial impetus.
Selection Criteria: Candidates should show interest in studying ESMT’s core competencies: innovation and technology management and sustainable business and must demonstrate a commitment to responsible leadership.
Value of Scholarships: Fellows will receive a full tuition scholarship from ESMT (€25,000 for MIM students and €43,500 for MBA students) plus fair compensation for travel and accommodation costs and program related fees
How to Apply: MIM candidates should apply for Kofi Annan Scholarship by completing the online MIM program application form. Candidates should complete the scholarship essay explaining how they qualify for the scholarship. All of these have been made part of candidates’ ESMT online application.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
Sponsors: European School of Management and Technology in co-operation with the Kofi Annan Business School Foundation in The Hague, Netherlands
Important Notes: The purpose of the business school fellowship is to make significant contributions to least developed countries (LDCs) and landlocked developing countries (LLDCs) and to strengthen the awareness for responsibility in leadership in developed countries.