British Council is seeking applications for its Future Leaders Connect Programme with an aim to provide future leaders with skills and international networks which will improve their ability to make or influence policy changes, leading to long term impact on the social and economic development in their countries and beyond.
Application Deadline: 6th May 2019 23.59 UK time..
Eligible Countries: Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Tunisia, UK and USA.
To Be Taken At (Country): As a part of the programme, those who are selected will be required to travel to the UK from 21 October to 1 November 2019.
About the Award: The project is being undertaken to support the development of future policy makers in key countries, aiming to help them become exceptional leaders. The Programme is run by the British Council.
Future Leaders Connect (the “Programme”) is where exceptional young people from around the world will join a long-term network of emerging policy leaders (“Participant(s)”). They will develop their policy making expertise, make valuable connections and gain the skills to have real impact. Together they will discuss major global policy issues in the Houses of Parliament, engage with inspiring leaders, visit some of the UK’s leading global institutions and collaborate to produce innovative policy recommendations. The skills, experience and connections they make through Future Leaders Connect will support them to seize their leadership potential.
Eligibility: The Programme is open to individuals of the participating countries who meet all the criteria listed below. To meet the Eligibility Criteria, listed below, Participants must;
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old on the 6 May 2019.
- Be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (Generally applicant have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings. Applicant can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.)
- Hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from November 2019.
- Be based in one of the participating countries. In this case, being ‘based in’ means that applicant currently live in this country at the time of applying and applicant have a long term commitment to that country. their policy vision for change needs to match the country applicants are applying from.
- Be available to travel to the UK for 11 days around the time of travel
Number of Awards: Approximately 50 Participants will attend.
Value of Award: The costs of travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the British Council and the programme is fully accessible. For those who do not gain one of the exclusive places on the programme, applicants will be invited to be part of the Future Leaders Connect Community where applicant can access a range of free online professional development policy and leadership resources.
How to Apply: Apply Here