Africa’s Voices Research Assistant (Somali-speaking) 2017 – Nairobi, Kenya/Cambridge, UK
Africa’s Voices is looking to hire 2-4 Somali-speaking Research Assistants who will be part of our growing team working on research and citizen engagement in Somalia.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2017, with interviews 20th-23rd March
Start Date: 27th March 2017 (flexible)
To be taken at (country): Nairobi, Kenya and Cambridge, UK
About the Award: Key tasks of the Research Assistants will include analysis and labeling of Somali language SMS data on a number of topics (including health, gender, nutrition and WASH), with a focus on providing insight into the cultural context and linguistic nuances found in digital conversations. They will also assist the research team in the design, implementation, management and reporting of projects in Somalia.
Type: 3-month consultancy contract (part-time and full-time opportunities) with possibilities of extension to one-year contract
- A completed BA degree in a relevant social sciences discipline (such as sociology, political science, public health, or social psychology)
- Excellent Somali language skills, with understanding of regional variations and dialects within Somalia highly desirable
- Experience in qualitative research methods such as content analysis, thematic analysis,and grounded theory
- Proven ability to perform tasks for tight deadlines and under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge/experience of health communications OR public opinion OR emergency response
- Experience in English-Somali translation for beneficiaries in Somalia
- Experience/qualifications in project management, design and implementation
- Fluency in Swahili and Sheng.
Number of Awardees: 2 to 4
Value of Program: Paid
Duration of Program: 3 months
How to Apply: To apply, please upload your CV via the Program Webpage link below by 15th March. We will keep the vacancy open if a suitable candidate has not been found.
For any questions, please contact Partha Moman, [email protected]
Award Provider: Africa’s Voices
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them
Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries For Doctors
How to Create Good Study Habits for Exams – In 10 Proven Ways