MISF Du Pré Grants 2020 for Multiple Sclerosis Researchers from Developing Countries
MISF Du Pré Grants enable MS researchers to work in established MS research centres outside their own country.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2020
Eligible Countries: Emerging Countries
About the Award: MISF offers Du Pré Grants to MS researchers from emerging countries to enable them to make short visits to established MS research centres outside their own country, either to learn from each other or to carry out parts of joint research projects. The aim is to encourage cross-fertilisation of skills through collaborative research projects. Two of the annual awards are supported by Stichting MS Research (the Dutch MS Research Foundation).
Eligibility: All candidates must:
- be educated to post graduate level in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis (MS)
- be citizens of an emerging country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank)
- focus their research in an area relevant to MS
Before nomination, candidates need to have identified a suitable project and discussed their involvement with the project supervisor of the host institution outside their own country. Candidates are encouraged to identify a suitable host institute and supervisor to develop their project proposal before applying.
Candidates are expected to return to their own countries at the end of the study period where they will contribute to advancing care and research in MS.
The grant may also be used as a supplement for work related to MS by a candidate who has been accepted for training in a recognised institute (within the six months prior to nomination) but who doesn’t have enough money to cover the total cost.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Research: Each grant is likely to be between UK £2,000 and £4,000, to a maximum of £5,000. The funds are intended to go towards travel and living costs, or to top up an existing grant to extend a visit.
Duration of Research: Visits generally last between two and six months.
How to Apply:
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- The Host needs to provide a supporting statement at the end of the application
- Add names and contact details of 2 referees, including the applicant’s current supervisor or employer
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.