Apply: World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Internships 2017
Interning at WIPO is a unique chance to gain invaluable experience at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About the Award: The WIPO Internship Program supports WIPO’s mission to promote innovation and creativity for the economic, social and cultural development of all countries through a balanced and effective international intellectual property system, enabling interns to learn about the core values and initiatives of WIPO.
Field of Study: Candidates don’t have to be a law graduate to intern with us. We’re interested in talented people from a wide range of backgrounds. Some of the key backgrounds we’re looking for include:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Technical cooperation
- Project management
- Administration (finance, human resources, procurement, program planning)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Internship:
- Wherever you’re coming from, WIPO will request a Swiss “légitimation” card for the duration of your internship. This card functions as a residence permit.
- WIPO provides medical insurance for the duration of your internship.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend which can help cover the cost of living.
WIPO shall not be responsible for arranging travel, visas and/or accommodation nor shall WIPO cover any related costs. If necessary, WIPO may provide the intern with assistance in obtaining an entry visa.
Duration of Internship: 6 weeks to 12 months
How to Apply: The application process for internships is not area-specific. In other words, we don’t publish vacancy announcements for specific positions. To apply for an internship, you must submit your candidature through the Internship Roster, which is advertised year-round.
Award Provider: World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)