Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation (QHSF) Graduate Scholarships 2021/2022 for Egyptian Students
The scholarship round has commenced. In addition to QHSF’s regular scholarship, the Foundation manages additional awards granted by Qalaa Holdings and its subsidiary companies. Unless otherwise stated below, the same application process, schedule, eligibility criteria and conditions as QHSF’s apply to the following scholarships.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2021
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): Successful candidates will be eligible to undertake masters studies in foreign countries abroad
About the Award: The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation was created in 2007, out of a strong will to contribute to national development through creating high caliber professionals to help enhance Egypt’s growth in all sectors. The Foundation is funded by an endowment from Qalaa Holdings to grant academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue master degrees abroad in all fields of study.
These scholarships are offered alongside the QHFS:
- ERC Scholarship: The Egyptian Refining Company international Scholarship will go towards funding the studies of 1 master’s degree student per year in the field of education. Priority will be given to the residents of the areas of Musturud, Khousous and Matareya. Residents of these neighborhoods are requested to include a copy of their ID card in their application package. The ERC scholarship covers both tuition fees and living expenses.
- The May and Ahmed Heikal Scholarship: The MAHS is a private award that goes towards funding the studies of 2 master’s degree students per year at New York University to study in any field. The MAHS award covers tuition fees only.
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
- Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study. Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset. Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
Value of Scholarship: Each of these scholarships cover candidates’ tuition fees and living expenses. The MAHS award covers tuition fees only.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program