Arab Women Leaders in Agriculture (AWLA) Fellowship Programme 2021 for Women Scientists in MENA Region
UAE Minister of State for Food and Water Security, has announced the launch of the second (virtual) edition of the Arab Women Leaders in Agriculture (AWLA) fellowship programme for women scientists in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021
About the Award: AWLA aims to help early- and mid-career professionals in agriculture to secure leadership roles by encouraging gender-responsive working cultures and creating platforms to showcase their intellect, capability, and contribution. AWLA’s fellows will help establish a unique research and development (R&D) forum for women scientists in the MENA region to address pressing agricultural challenges and take part in a regional networking platform for women researchers across agricultural disciplines.
- Arab women researchers from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia,
- Available to travel and in possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond December 2020,
- Passionate about innovation and R&D in agriculture, food security and nutrition,
- Commitment to making positive change in their local communities and beyond, preferably with a good track record in research and development work,
- Respect for diversity,
- Personal motivation, initiative, and ability to work in teams,
- Strong academic record, holders of master’s and/or Ph.D. degrees,
- In their mid-career; preferably more than 10 years of professional experience,
- English language proficiency; to understand and participate in all aspects of the fellowship.
Eligible Countries: Countries in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Number of Awards: The call for applications will lead to the selection of a group of 20 to 30 researchers from the MENA region.
Value of Award:
- Boost your skills and knowledge through various channels of structured and applied learning: spot-on leadership and research and development training, coaching and mentoring to guide your career development and learning.
- Work on team-based capstone projects to initiate collaborative solutions for driving positive change in agriculture.
- Access information and tools needed to acquire funding for applied research projects.
- Experience different cultures through learning to work with others across boundaries of place and culture.
- Expand your knowledge on relevant research and development topics in different parts of the MENA region.
- Raise awareness about organizational gender dynamics, shift attitudes around gender perceptions and take part in the transformation of a gender responsive culture and inclusive and enabling environment.
- Join in the establishment of the first regional R&D forum to address the region’s pressing challenges in R&D, and the first network platform of Arab Women Researchers within and across disciplines.
Duration of Award: The programme will be delivered online over a 10-month period, starting from 1st June 2021.
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.