Uganda: University of Manchester Full-time Masters Scholarships for Ugandan Students 2019/2020
The University of Manchester offers scholarships for selected master’s courses to applicants from Uganda for the year 2019/2020.
Application Deadline: 9th September 2018 at 5pm GMT.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Uganda
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: The master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- be a resident citizen of Uganda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Uganda;
- have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. In most cases you will need one of the following, as a minimum, to satisfy the general English language criteria and go through to the final selection round.
- English grade of 4 in UCE (Uganda Certificate of Education)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- BT TOEFL: overall score of at least 90, with no sub-test below 22
Have a look at the full list of available courses above to check the specific requirements.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of candidate’s chosen course
How to Apply: Before you start your scholarship application we require:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Award Provider: University of Manchester, UK