Karlstad University Global Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students – Sweden
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship programme is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2020.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
This scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Students from these countries instead have the possibility to apply for The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships.
To be taken at (country): Sweden
About the Award: Karlstad University Global Scholarship offers scholarships covering tuition fees in part or in full. The application for scholarship will be considered only if the application fee is paid or if you are exempted from paying the application fee. The application form will be published in this website before the application period starts.
Eligibility: Candidates are NOT eligible if they:
- have already lived in Sweden for two years or more when the scholarship period is due to begin.
- have a Swedish permanent residence permit or a work permit.
- hold a scholarship for studies from Swedish Institute or from a Swedish university/university college.
- already hold a master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
Selection: The selection process for scholarships is undertaken after the programme selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance and who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Karlstad University.
The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in a fall semester. An offer of a scholarship is only valid for the year and the programme stipulated in the scholarship notification. If the student is granted deferment until the next academic year, the offer of a scholarship is not valid. If a student who has been awarded a scholarship changes programmes, the student will risk losing the scholarship as scholarships are programme-specific.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fees. The value of the scholarship is stated in the notification of scholarship for each scholarship holder.
- The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fees of the programme for which you are awarded a scholarship.
- Karlstad University Global Scholarships do not cover living costs.
- To be able to finance your stay in Sweden and get a residence permit for studies you need to show that you have funds for the total study period the first time you apply for a residence permit. For further information contact the Swedish Migration Board.
How to Apply:
- You must apply for studies at Karlstad University before applying for scholarship.
- Karlstad University Global Scholarship Application