Monash University South Africa Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Africa 2018/2019
Monash University campus in South Africa is providing opportunities for higher education to a broad cross-section of the continent and is offering scholarships and bursaries to achieve this aim.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and are available to South African and international students.
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Field of Study: All subjects offered by the university
About the Award: Monash scholarships provide learning opportunities for the highest achieving students, as well as those experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship). Scholarships are offered to students to encourage and reward academic excellence in previous studies.
Type: Undergraduate Taught
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Monash South Africa scholarship, candidate must:
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award;
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 or equivalent (South Africa citizen) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international);
- or Be a current Monash South Africa student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa.
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Scholarship: A total of 100% of your annual tuition and residence 4 fees. The award does not cover textbooks, stationery, living expenses or any traveling costs. Payments are in the form of an automated credit note to your tuition fee account after the release of your unit results. No cash is transferred to the students’ personal bank account.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of course
How to Apply: To be eligible for scholarships, candidates must first be accepted into their course at Monash South Africa. Candidates must:
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – The forms can also be obtained from the Student Services Centre
- Submit their application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15th November for Semester 1 and 30th April for Semester 2.
Award Provider: Monash University South Africa
Important Notes: Scholarships do not cover other costs such as accommodation, travel and textbooks. Scholarships are renewable each year, provided that students maintain a high academic achievement. At the end of each year, the Bursary and Scholarships Committee will assess students’ performance and determine whether they are eligible to continue to receive the scholarship.