Attend the Muslim Women Leaders Programme (Partially-funded) 2019 – Columbia University
Are you a Muslim woman who serves in a religious, scholarly, community, or social leadership role? Are you interested in networking and dialoguing with a group of diverse Muslim women leaders? Are you interested in exploring your leadership role in relation to the Islamic tradition, public engagement, and inter-community solidarity?
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2018
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Union Theological Seminary City of New York, USA
About the Award: This winter, from January 20-22, 2018, the Islam, Social Justice, and Interreligious Engagement Program (ISJIE) at Union Theological Seminary will host the second annual Muslim Women Leaders Program (MWLP).
The Muslim Women Leaders Program (MWLP) aims to nurture a community of dialogue among diverse Muslim women leaders. The program seeks to provide opportunities for networking; examination of relevant aspects of Islamic thought and practice; and development of practical skills in public engagement and communication. The program includes content sessions, practical trainings, dialogues with visiting Muslim women leaders, and group activities and discussions that draw upon the expertise and experiences of participants. Muslim women (18 years and older), who currently serve as leaders, are encouraged to apply.
Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York is an independent, ecumenical, Christian seminary. It is the oldest independent seminary in the United States and is located Columbia University.
Type: Training, Conference
- Every participant must identify as a Muslim woman, and must be 18 years of age or older.
- The online application will go live on October 1st.
- Applications (including reference) must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, November 1st.
- Applicants will be notified of admission by or around December 1st.
- The quality of the MWLP depends on the full participation of all attendees. In order to build community and best ensure a productive time, participants are required to be present at and participate fully in all program activities.
- MWLP will strive to create as diverse of a cohort as possible.
Value of Programme:
- Each participant will receive $500 stipend.
- A limited amount of travel stipends, in the maximum amount of $200, are available for accepted applicants traveling long distances to New York City.
Duration of Scholarship: From January 20-22, 2018
How to Apply: 2018 Application
Award Provider: Union Theological Seminary