Application Deadline: The final deadline for submitting applications is 5 September 2016, at 15:00 Norwegian time (CET).
The next call for NORPART long-term projects will be launched in 2018, for the period 2019-2023.
Offered annually? The call is open to long-term project cooperation with a project period from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2021.
Eligible Countries: A list of 39 relevant countries has been developed, all of which are potential partner countries for Norwegian development cooperation.
Africa: Angola, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Other Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, East Timor, Guatemala, Haiti, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Palestine, Peru, Sri Lanka, Vietnam
Brief description: NORPART supports academic partnerships and student mobility with an emphasis on Master and PhD level between higher education institutions in Norway and selected developing countries.
About the Program
The Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) is pleased to issue this call for applications for funding of joint projects between higher education institutions in Norway and selected developing countries under the Norwegian Partnership Programme for Global Academic Cooperation (NORPART). The programme will support academic partnerships and student mobility with an emphasis on the Master and PhD level. The programme addresses both higher education policy and development policy goals.
Objectives of NORPART
The programme shall lead to:
- Strengthened partnerships for education and research between developing countries and Norway
- Increased quality and internationalisation of academic programmes at participating institutions
- Increased mobility of students from developing countries to Norway, including mobility in connection with work placements
- Increased mobility of students from Norway to developing countries, including mobility in connection with work placements
Offered Since: 2016
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible, applications must meet the following criteria:
- The main partner institution in Norway must be an accredited Norwegian higher education institution.
- The main partner institution outside Norway must be an accredited higher education institution in one of the partner countries listed.
- Applications must include a Letter of commitment from the main partner Institution outside Norway, documenting interest in and commitment to the partnership by leadership at relevant level.
- Applications must be written in English and be submitted fully completed, including attachments through SIU’s online platform for applications and reporting(Espresso), latest within the call’s final deadline.
Failure to meet the above criteria will lead to dismissal of the application.
Value: The total funds made available in this call are approximately NOK 90 million. Each application may be awarded up to 5 000 000 Norwegian kroner (NOK).
Duration: The call is open to long-term project cooperation with a project period from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2021.
How to Apply
The applications should be prepared jointly by the main partner institution in Norway and the other partner institution(s).
Award Provider: NORPART is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and is administered by the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU).
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application process, tentatively in November 2016
- The next call for applications will probably be issued in 2019, for the project period 2020-2024.