International AIDS Society (IAS) Young Leaders Digital Space 2021 – Call for Applications
We are looking for TEN YOUNG LEADERS to take part in the design process of this digital space.
Application Deadline: 7th March 2021.
About the Award: The IAS – International AIDS Society, Y+ Global, Youth RISE, ATHENA Network, The PACT, Adolescent HIV Treatment Coalition (ATC) and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation (EGPAF) have teamed up to build and facilitate a collective digital space that will be developed by young leaders and for young people.
Our goal is to co-create, curate and nurture a digital space for young leaders living with or affected by HIV that:
- is youth-led, youth-responsive, inclusive, accessible, sustainable and innovative;
- showcases youth leadership in all its diversity;
- links young people to organisations and resources tailored to their needs;
- provides capacity building, mentorship and networking opportunities; and
- promotes fundraising opportunities for young people.
Eligibility: Young leaders must meet these selection criteria:
- Be between 18 and 29
- Be connected to a youth-led, youth-enabling or youth-serving organization working in the HIV response, either as a volunteer, employee or beneficiary
- Be creative, tech-savvy and passionate about the potential of digital technology to contribute to the HIV response
- Have a demonstrated commitment tothe HIV response in your community
- Showcase strong leadership qualities
- Be agreeable to be featured in digital media (see examples)
- Be available for full time working hours (8 hours per day) between5-13 April and 18-21 July 2021
- Be available to take on ad hoc tasks and be an ambassador for the digital space (approximately 3 days total)
- Be available and willing to mentor the next cohort of young leaders in 2022 (approximately 5 days total)
- Young people from key populations and low and middle income countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: As a young leader you will
- Co-create a digital space for young people alongside a dedicated, tech-savvy and innovative group of young leaders, supported by a team of IT and design experts
- Launch the space at IAS 2021 Virtual, the world’s most influential conference on HIV science
- Receive $2000 for your time and to cover the costs of internet data
- Learn vital skills in communications, project management, and design
- Mentor the next cohort of young leaders.
Duration of Award:
- March 2021: Review and selection of candidates
- Late March 2021: Applicants informed of outcome
- 5-13 April 2021: Young leaders’ curriculum to design digital space
- May 2021: Development of the digital space
- 18-21 July 2021: Young leaders attend 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2021) and launch digital space
- August 2021-July 2022: Young leaders promote digital space and support next cohort of young leaders
How to Apply: Apply Now!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.