Netaji Subhas/ICAR International Fellowships 2019/2020 for Agriculture Scholars – India
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications from the Indian as well as overseas nationals having Master’s degree in Agriculture and allied sciences for the Netaji Subhas-ICAR International Fellowships (NS-ICARIFs) for the year 2019-20.
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Select Agriculture Universities in India and abroad
About the Award: The NS-ICARIFs are available for pursuing doctoral degree in agriculture and allied sciences, in the identified priority areas, to the (i) Indian candidates for study abroad in the identified overseas Universities/Institutions having strong research and teaching capabilities and (ii) to overseas candidates for study in the Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) in the ICAR-AUs system.
Eligible Fields of Study: Crop Sciences, Horticulture, Biotechnology and nanotechnology, Animal Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Engineering and Fisheries.
Type: Fellowship, PhD (Doctoral Degree in Agriculture and Allied Sciences)
- Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the NS-ICAR IFs.
- The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. The upper age limit for In-service candidates will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications.
- Age on the closing date for receipt of applications will be considered for eligibility.
- Also, date of completion of qualifying degree will be the date of completion of both course and thesis work as declared by the university. Netaji Subhas- ICAR IF would be available for both, fresh and in-service candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission. The in-service candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
- The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of institutions for admission, one year in advance, for availing the Netaji Subhas- ICAR IFs.
Number of Awardees: Thirty(30) fellowships
Value of Scholarship: The fellow will be entitled to the following:
- To-and-fro, economy class air ticket for international travel, by the shortest route, from the airport, nearest to the residence/ work place of the candidate to the airport, nearest to the destination University in respect of both Indian and Overseas candidates (Air tickets to be provided by the Council).
- The fellows will be entitled for economy-class-travel cost reimbursement from port of arrival in India to the destination University in India and back.
- Indian Rupee 40,000 per month
- The fellowship amount for the first six months, as first installment, will be released by the Council to the fellow through government notified/ approved bank to be deposited in the bank account of the fellow on receiving his/ her acceptance for the fellowship and admission letter received from the host University.
- Thereafter, the amount of fellowship will be released to the fellow, every six months, after receiving the academic progress report from the fellow duly certified by the concerned advisor/ supervisor/ head of institution.
- The fellow will meet all other costs including medical insurance etc. from the above fellowship or from his/ her own resources.
- During the tenure of fellowship, an in-service fellow may continue to receive his/her salary, types of leave and benefits etc. from the parent organization as per rules.
Duration of Scholarship: Three (3) years
How to Apply: Application should be submitted (one hard copy by post and one soft copy by email) to the Assistant Director General (EQR), Education Division, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).