The IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships awards scholarships to five (5) international students. The scholarships, which are designed to encourage diversity, are awarded one to each region: Asia, Africa/Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Western Europe/North America/Oceania.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Scholarship Worth: CHF 30,000
Number of scholarships: Five(5) (one from each region)
Eligible regions: Africa / Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Western Europe / North America / Oceania
- Candidates who have already applied to the full-time IMD MBA program and who are citizens, but not necessarily current residents, of the above geographical areas are eligible to apply for scholarship. Candidate should be accepted into the IMD MBA Program.
- The scholarship is both based on financial need and academic merit.
Selection Criteria: Applicants must have been accepted into the IMD MBA program prior to their application.
Scholarship applications are essay based, with winning essays typically including the following features:
- Relevance to the essay title
- Organization and structure
- Fully developed arguments
- Personal element and/or passion
IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury / sponsors.
Essay Topic: Candidate must Submit a 1,000-word essay on:
Identify one tangible social, business or cultural issue in your region or country which you consider a priority to address. Why would you choose this issue and what makes you care about it? How would you, as a business leader (not a 3rd party or government), personally address it and ensure your business action has a sustainable impact?
Please draw on your own experiences in your answer, rather than on general, broad statements. The committee is looking for essays that are personal, visionary and demonstrate leadership, which include a clearly articulated description of how the solution could be implemented. (See link below for easy template)
For questions about this scholarship and submission of Scholarship essays, send mail to:
Award Provider: IMD MBA Alumni, Switzerland