Brief description: Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), on behalf of the Government of India, invites applications from African researchers for award of this fellowship for conducting research in Indian institutions across all areas of science and technology.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
To be taken at (country): India
Eligible Field of Study: All areas of Science and Technology
About the Award: The Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI), through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) have launched the C.V. Raman Fellowship for African Researchers programme under the India-Africa Forum Summit to promote human capacity building through scientific and technological cooperation between Africa and India.
The objective of this Fellowship is to provide opportunity for African researchers to conduct collaborative research in various areas of science and technology in different Indian universities and R&D institutions under guidance of host scientists in India. This prestigious fellowship is aimed to further strengthen the bond between India and African nations in the fields of science and technology.
Offered Since: 2011
Eligibility: The candidate should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in the African country and should meet the following eligibility criteria for each of the three categories:
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Completed/Pursuing PhD in any recognised university or research institution in Africa
- Visiting Fellowship : Ph.D / M.Tech / M.Sc. (Engg / Technical) or 4 to 6 years research / teaching experience
- Senior Fellowship : Senior Experts / Scientists / Professors
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Fellowship:
- Sustenance Allowance :
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 40,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses
- Visiting Fellowship : “Rs 50,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses”
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 50,000/- per month + accommodation (accommodation in host institute’s guest house with reasonable facilities / hotel with a cap of Rs 2500 per day).
- Contingency Grant :
To cover unforeseen expenses relating to lab/field research, books, stationeries, medicines and other miscellaneous expenses, if any
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 20,000/-
- Visiting Fellowship : Rs 10,000/-
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 10000 + local travel grant(upto max.Rs.30000)
Additional one time contingency grant for host Indian scientist will be provided as mentioned below:
Duration of Fellowship: This Fellowship provides opportunities for African researchers to conduct collaborative research / training for 1-6 months duration at universities and research institutions in India.
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Duration 6 months.
- Visiting Fellowship : Duration 3 months.
- Senior Fellowship : Duration 1 month.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Applicant registers online or Download the application form
- Step 2: Applicant arranges all necessary documents (mentioned below) required for application
- Step 3: Applicant establishes contact with his / her prospective host scientist in India and secures an official consent letter from the concerned Indian host institute Download the Host Consent form
- Step 4: Applicant submits his / her application to FICCI, through any of the modes – online / email
Documents to be Submitted
- Application Form duly filled-in by applicant
- Letter-of-Consent, stating that he / she is willing to accept the applicant at his / her institution during the period of the fellowship tenure
- Letter of Recommendation / Reference from applicant’s current employer or place of employment
- Copy of research / training plan in India, duly approved by applicant’s proposed host scientist
- Copy of applicant’s highest educational qualification
- Photocopy of applicant’s valid Passport, showing his / her picture, passport number and other personal details
Award Provider: Government of India
Important Notes: Selected applicants are required to finalize their duration of stay in India in consultation with their respective host scientists and promptly inform FICCI through email at [email protected]