2017 details of the next scholarship will be announced and uploaded here late in October, 2016.
Application deadline: April 2016 (Offered annually)
Scholarship Name: Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) International Fellowship Programme
Brief description: JAUW offers International Fellowships Programme for Women from any part of the world to carry out research or advance study in Japan 2016
Subject Areas: Advance studies or research in areas that require being undertaken in Japan
The Japanese Association of University Women currently announced its 2016 International Fellowships Programme for women who are carrying out or would like to carry out independent research or advanced study at postgraduate level in Japan.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type Scholarship for women pursuing Postgraduate research
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Must be a women from any country other than Japan
Who is qualified to apply?
- You are a woman of any nationality but Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent academic attainment (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- You have to submit, at the time of application, an acceptance letter from the prospective host university/institution in Japan or of your prospective supervisor of the said university/institution. You have to get the said letter by yourself. JAUW will not extend any help regarding to this matter.
- You have to explain in your proposal that your ongoing study/research is pursued in Japan academically/technically better than in any other place.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
How Many Scholarships are available?
Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
What are the benefits?
The amount of grant will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee, taking into consideration the duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors.
The amount granted will vary depending on duration of stay in Japan and the nature of the work. One-third of the amount will be given to the grantee upon arrival in Japan.
How long will sponsorship last?
This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2015 and March 2016.
Eligible African Countries
Any country other than Japan
To be taken at (country): Japan
How to Apply
Documents & material to be submitted
- three recommendation letters: each letter should be enclosed in a sealed envelope and signed by the writer.
- medical certificate: issued by a qualified medical doctor certifying that you are healthy enough to do your study in Japan for proposed period.
- an acceptance letter of your supervisor/partner etc. at host institution
- a copy of your passport-sized photo. Be sure to write your full name on the other side.
Visit the following link to download the Scholarship Application
Sponsors: The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW)