Do you have a business idea and need expert support to turn it into reality?
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (country): Kampala, Uganda
Challenges: Find solutions for one of the following challenges
- Agriculture Challenge: What is your business idea to generate decent employment, preserve resources, and feed populations in an unpredictable environment?
- Manufacturing Challenge: What is your business idea to produce goods or provide services for the manufacturing sector while ensuring energy and water efficiency as well as employment opportunities?
- Tourism Challenge: What is your business idea to promote tourism benefiting local communities and ecosystems?
About the Award: The SAG-SEED Starter Ideas Competition invites entries from teams who develop green and inclusive business solutions to one of the key social and environmental challenges in Uganda. The winning teams will receive support on turning their idea into reality during the third round of the SAG-SEED Starter Months in Uganda
The SAG-SEED Starter promotes the incubation of new eco-enterprises. Setting up a business is both an exciting and challenging task: Turning an idea into a product or service customers actually want to buy, requires not only a deep-dive into the market, but also business skills and bringing together the right team and partners. Considering all aspect can be challenging, therefore, SEED supports young teams of entrepreneurs with innovative ideas through the SAG-SEED Starter Months.
- Individuals who have a basic business idea or a problem they want to solve and teams in the very early stages of setting up their enterprise.
- Teams with 2-5 team members and an idea for addressing one of the three challenges above can apply.
- Applications from women and youth are particularly welcome.
Value of Program: Selected participants will receive training free of charge (travel & accommodation costs are not included).
Duration of Program: 14-16 September & 27-28 October 2017
How to Apply: Please send the completed application form to [email protected] by 20 August 2017.
- An internal team will evaluate all applications and inform you about the outcome.
- You can access the application form here: www.seed.uno/support/starter.
Award Provider: SAG-SEED