SEED has launched the call for applications for the price of Switch Africa Green (SAG) – SEED Awards 2017.
Application Deadline: 8th March, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa and Uganda
About the Award: The award of the SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards program designed to find companies eco- inclusive phase the most promising start-up, innovative and locally conducted in developing countries and emerging economies.
Up to fifteen SAG-SEED Awards are funded by the Africa Green SWITCH project implemented by UNEP with the help of the European Union. South African prices will be co-financed by the Flemish government.
Eligibility: The SAG-SEED Awards 2017 is open to companies that:
- demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation;
- provide benefits to the economic, social and environmental level;
- have the aim of becoming financially viable and have the potential to achieve this;
- form a partnership with different stakeholders;
- are managed or managed locally;
- possess a strong potential for growth or replication;
- are in the development stage;
- match the geographic criteria and categories described above.
Value of Program: Each award winner will receive a consulting package:
- Capacity building: individualized counseling on the development of financial business plan and plan, including a business planning workshop for three days and three months in support of a local expert advisor.
- Tools: access to online self-help tools such as: do a market analysis, develop a funding strategy, develop a mapping of partners and other stakeholder, developing contracts or agreements of understanding with partners etc. .
- Visibility: SAG-SEED winners are presented at national and regional level through a high-level awards ceremony as well as internationally through marketing and promotional activities of SEED as our website our blog and our social networks.
- Networking: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to help organizations, such as donors, policy makers and other companies such as SEED SEED Alumni and Partners and Associates.
Award Provider: SEED