The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme is offered to international students wishing to pursue graduate courses at the University of Oxford.
Application Deadline: 6th or 20th January 2017, depending on your course
Decisions are expected to be made by the end of May 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: This scholarship is part of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships, which were established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by supporters of the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, including Fondation Hoffmann. Fondation Hoffmann is a Swiss-based grant making institution supporting the emergence and expansion of concrete projects which address global problems in today’s societies.
This scholarship forms part of the wider Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme, managed by the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust.
Offered Since: 2015
Eligibility: To be eligible:
- You must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars.
- You should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level. Preference will be given to Master’s course applicants. If you are applying for a DPhil you must be able to demonstrate how your DPhil studies will benefit your future career in leadership.
- This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2017-18.
Selection Criteria: The above qualities will be assessed during the selection process, including using your graduate application form, your Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Questionnaire and (if relevant) your interview.
Number of Awardees: Up to 12
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,296).
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply: In order to be considered for this scholarship,
- you must select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (6 or 20 January 2017).
- You must also complete a Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Questionnaire (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
- If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be required to participate in an interview, which is likely to be held via Skype in April 2017.
Award Provider: Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust.