The Kipaji Scholarship Fund is founded especially for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia. Application Deadline: 1st May, 2020 Offered Annually? Yes…
University of Twente
Established about five decades ago, the University of Twente is a modern and young entrepreneurial institution that offers academic standards to both local and international students. Since its inception, the university has met up to required standards in terms of technology and research; while also staying unique in delivering academics to their students who in turn take up national and international positions to change their world.
Why Study at the University of Twente
Although, having a relatively small campus, the University of Twente offers a good number of internationally recognized programs. The university also gives students a very excellent experience during their stay on campus; this results in students having good job placements after graduating. Want to know why you should study at the University of Twente? Read through the next lines.
- A Broad Range Of Master’s Programs
At the University of Twente, there are many masters programs offered through about five different faculties. There is a huge focus placed on Biomedical Technology and Health, European Public Administration, Engineering, International Business Administration, IT, Behavioral Sciences, and Science and Technology.
- Most Entrepreneurial University
With the provision of startup support and rewarding creativity and innovation to every worthy student, the University of Twente has already been recognized as the Netherlands’ most entrepreneurial university. The institution seems unstoppable as they continually step up the way to becoming European’s leading institution in entrepreneurship.
- Global Ambition and Multicultural Community
Having over 80 nationalities in the university of Twente, the institution remains a very colorful multicultural community. Many of the programs at the institution are taught in English; in a bid to get the students across diverse cultures and people from across the world while within the school’s environs. Students can also help themselves become international profiles by utilizing the working contexts the institution makes available.
- A Global Name in Research
The present world we live in is facing a huge number of environmental, social, economic and political challenges; in this regard, there is a fervent need for standard and effective research to make the revolution. With a modern and standard research institute, the University of Twente is leading the way in scientific research which is turning out to play a pivotal role in creating life-sustaining conditions.
- The Only Park-Like Campus in The Netherlands
One of the greatest crowns and accolades this university has received is undoubtedly in the beautiful outlook of the campus. The campus is composed of a breathtaking parkland of about 146 hectares and many other facilities beautifully positioned. There are many libraries and science laboratories as well as sports pavilion and cultural and arts faculties. The on-campus gardens can also serve as a golf place to take fresh air in leisure or after a hectic day’s work.
The University of Twente is a modern and advanced institution of learning, therefore, it understands the fact that all students do not have equal academic sponsors. Hence, the university allows for scholarships from within itself as well as from external academic funding bodies.
- Education Future International Scholarship
- Coimbra Group – Scholarship Programme For Young Professors And Researchers From Latin American Universities
- Coimbra Group Scholarship
- Coimbra Group – Scholarship Programme For Young African Researchers
- Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Scholarship
- Churchill Fellowships For Students In Australia
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarship
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation – Short Term Grant For Armenian Studies
- Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship
- CODART Scholarship programs
- Rijksmuseum Fellowship Programme
- The Royal Society Scholarship
- Royal Society International Exchange Programme
- Google Scholarship
- Google PhD Fellowship Program
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- ACES Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) Scholarship
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
- Eduard Gubelin Association for Research & Identification of Precious Stones Scholarship
- Royal Geographical Society Scholarship
- Henrietta Hutton Research Grant
- Rijks Museum Johan Huizinga Fellowship In Netherlands
- Holland Scholarship for International Students in the Netherlands
- D. In European Private Law
- D. In Social Sciences At University Of Amsterdam
- SCAR Fellowships In Antarctic Research
- ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship in Europe
- IAL Research Grants For Doctoral Studies
- HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships
- National Arts Council Arts Scholarships in Singapore
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
The academic research at the University of Twente is carried out across four research institutes for information technology, nanotechnology, governance, and biomedical technology. Therefore, the University of Twente does not offer a wide range of courses, however, students can still choose their area of specialization amongst the available courses which are outlined below.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science, Technology, and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Who Should Apply
Application to the University of Twente is opened to all qualified candidates. To be qualified and subsequently considered for admission, students must have fulfilled certain criteria of which students are expected to tender good results from the immediate past examination.
How to Apply
While application to the University of Twente is a periodic occurrence, prospective students need to be aware before the season of admission starts. To apply for the university, students are expected to log on to the official website of the university and apply for undergraduate admission. They will also be required to fill in their credentials and personal information- note that you are required to fill the right and correct information where required; including a working email address as this will be the means of communicating your admission status to you.
Knowing that the University of Twente is not just a top university in the Netherlands, it is also listed among the top 200 universities in the world. This is not in any way scare you, your chances of being admitted are still high as long as you have good academic performance. Also, this article should be your guide on your expectations pertaining to the University of Twente.
A number of partial scholarships are available from the ITC Foundation Scholarship Programme, which will be awarded to applicants for the Master's Spatial Engineering. Applicants must be residing in and being a national of a country…
University of Twente, Netherlands opens application for international students to apply for the University Twente Scholarship (UTS) 2020. Application Deadlines: Application round 1: Deadline is 1st February 2020 16.00 CET (for…
A number of partial scholarships are available from the ITC Excellence Scholarship Programme, which will be awarded to applicants with a very good academic track record. Application Deadline: 22nd April 2018 Eligible Countries: …
The University of Twente through the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship is offering Masters to students from World Bank member countries for the 2017/2018 academic session. Application Deadline: Applications will open on 25th January…