European University Institute (EUI) Policy Leaders Fellowship 2024/2025: The School of Transnational Governance (STG) at the European University Institute (EUI) is offering fellowships to early- and mid- career policy professionals for the academic year.
Application Deadline: 25th January 2024 (17:00 CET)
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Florence, Italy
About European University Institute (EUI) Policy Leaders Fellowship: Make your contribution to policy innovation and political change!
The Policy Leaders Fellowship is a global programme for early and mid-career policy practitioners from around the world to enhance their work and professional skills while participating in workshops, training, skills development sessions, conferences and other events. In addition, they get the chance to interact with other fellows, policy-makers and the academic community at the EUI.
The fellowships last for five (fixed term in the first or second semester) or ten months (fixed term from September to the end of June). The candidates can indicate their preference when applying, but once selected for a specific start date and period, no changes or extensions can be granted.
Fellows who come to Florence for five months give a presentation of their work in progress to the School of Transnational Governance (STG) community and later to a broader policy audience; produce at least one publication; may contribute to the School’s training programme, and engage in EUI seminars and workshops with other stakeholders. Fellows who stay for the academic year are expected to work on major transnational projects with the potential of breakthrough, having a substantial ‘multiplier’ effect in the given policy field, often in collaboration with other organisations.
Eligibility: Applicants should be:
- Early- or mid-career professionals (e.g. in politics, civil service, media and non-governmental organisations), able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the policy sphere.
- Genuinely engaged individuals involved in policy issues, especially those related to transnational governance.
- Self-motivated, able to present a clear work plan for the fellowship to show what the applicant will achieve and how this work will have a ‘multiplier’ impact after the fellowship.
- Curious and engaged contributors. Fellows are expected to be part of the EUI community on a daily basis and to participate in peer discussions on topics which may be beyond their expertise.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Value of European University Institute (EUI) Policy Leaders Fellowship: The fellowships are fully-funded with a grant of € 2,500 per month. Fellows must live in the area of Florence for the duration of their fellowship. A family allowance is available where appropriate.
Duration of Program: The fellowships last for 3, 6 or 9 months