Canada-Africa Exchange Scholarship 2024/2025 for African & Canadian Students. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline:
31st October 2023
Tell Me About Award:
This fund was created in 2014 from a combination of two existing scholarship funds, the Canada-Africa Exchange Scholarships Fund and the Margaret & Henry Imbleau and Family Scholarship Fund.
The Canada-Africa Exchange Scholarships Fund was established in 2003 by Dr. Donald Kilby while he was Director of Health Services at the University of Ottawa, and the Margaret & Henry Imbleau and Family Scholarship Fund was established in 2003 by Dr. Henry R. Imbleau (MA’62), Professor of English at the University of Ottawa.
The donors thank the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through their generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial assistance to Canadian students in medicine or health sciences in order to give them an opportunity to do clinical internships in developing countries.
Scholarship (Undergraduate and graduate)
Who can Apply?
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered as a full-time student in a program at the Faculty of Medicine or the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and \
- participate in clinical work for the Canada-Africa Community Health Alliance, credited by the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Awards?
What is the Benefit of Award?
How to Apply:
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a letter from the applicant’s faculty confirming his/her participation in a project with the Canada-Africa Community