Applications for the EXAF-JFD (Excellence in Africa – Junior Faculty Development) PhD Scholarships are now open.
When is the Application Deadline:
30th September 2023.
EXAF-JFD PhD Scholarship:
Tell Me About EXAF-JFD PhD Scholarship:
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha, Tanzania has received funds from École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland and Université Mohammed VI Polytechnique (UM6P), Morocco under the Excellence in Africa – Junior Faculty Development (EXAF-JFD) Programme. Among other things the programme has launched a collaborative program aiming at supporting the education of the next generation of professors and doctoral students in Africa. The long term vision is to help them engaging in high level research having economic impact and in driving the creation of new businesses for the continent. Specifically, the cooperation aims to bring together, educate and nurture highly talented young African researchers working in Africa. Under this support the NM-AIST will implement the research project entitled “Exploiting the potential of underutilized African plants and agricultural wastes in biofuels production”.
In response to this support, the principal investigator of EXAF-JFD funded project has set aside one (1) PhD scholarship position in Sustainable Energy Science and Engineering/Materials Science and Engineering (Energy Specialty) / for the academic year 2023/2024. The scholarship shall competitively be made available for female candidates to implement the above research topic.
Details of the PhD scholarship:
The PhD scholarship will run for the maximum of three years. The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be subsequently extended upon successful academic performance. Successful applicants are expected to report for studies immediately after receiving notification within November 2023.
How to Apply for EXAF-JFD PhD Scholarship:
The applicants must submit the following documents in one pdf file:
1) Certified copies of academic t r a n s c r i p t s a n d certificates.
2) A valid NM-AIST admission letter indicating a Research and Thesis study mode on the related study field.
3) A recommendation letter from the current employer and/or previous supervisor / educator with the emphasis of competence of the applicant on the above study area.
4) At least one publication (more publications will be the added advantage).
5) A max. 2-page of evidence of having the incubatable prototype or a patent of his/her own research work.
6) A max. 2-page of Curriculum Vitae (CV).
7) A max. 2-page research concept note on the above study area.
8) A max. 2-page motivation letter.
Incomplete documents or failure to follow instructions will automatically lead to disqualification or failure to follow instructions will automatically lead to disqualification.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
1) All applications and supporting documents must be sent to EXAF-JFD Programme using the following email: [email protected].
2) Please note that only successful candidates will be informed for further instructions on reporting time to commence studies at NM-AIST.