Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda & South Sudan launches its annual call for applications for Ugandan students pursuing Master’s degrees in Uganda.
Application Deadline: 30th August 2023
About the Award: Having supported thousands of students in their studies in numerous scholarship programmes around the world, The Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) is expending its international network of scholars by inviting new candidates into the programme. Do not miss the opportunity to apply!
Field(s) of Study: KAS accepts applications in the fields of social sciences (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of governance and international relations) and in the field of economics (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of innovation and sustainability).
KAS Uganda & South Sudan offers scholarships to Master’s students who are enrolled at an accredited institution with sound educational quality.
- Applicants must be citizens of Uganda and should not be older than 35 years;
- Applicants must show a record of commitment to and engagement in the broader KAS network;
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree and provide proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
- Applicants must show their motivation to undertake the particular course;
- Applicants holding leadership positions or portraying potential for future leadership have an added advantage;
- Applicants with current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) have an additional advantage;
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs.
Eligible Countries: Uganda
To be Taken at (Country): Uganda
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- For successful candidates, the scholarship will cover the cost of tuition as charged by the university for the duration of one year.
- Scholars have the possibility of extending their scholarships if they have met all the deadlines and requirements for submissions.
- Additionally, KAS will provide a stipend for learning materials and books amounting to 1,000,000 UGX per term.
- The student is expected to meet further costs, such as transport, research and other study expenses, on their own or through other sources.
- Scholars have access to the KAS networks and are presented with unique learning opportunities through networking events and further resources. They are expected to regularly contribute to these networking opportunities and to submit term reports on their personal and professional progress as well as contribution to KAS.
How to Apply:
- A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) providing the following information:
- An explanation of the reason for applying for support from KAS;
- A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests;
- An outline of the applicant’s past engagements with KAS;
- A description of the relevant work experience (or social political engagements) related to the chosen programme of study;
- An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the achievement of these goals;
- Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
- Proof of admission to your institution or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under the scholarship scheme;
- Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed.
For further information, please refer to our website www.kas.de/uganda or contact Ms. Rhona Rugambwa onTel. +256-(0)393-262011/2 or email: [email protected]