The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) proudly announces “the ICYF International Media Training Camp for Journalism for Juniors”. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline:
- 31st July 2023 at 23:59 (GMT+3, ISTANBUL)
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 16 August 2023
Tell Me About Award: The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) proudly announces “the ICYF International Media Training Camp for Journalism for Juniors” to equip young people by developing content – stories in a powerful way for being the voice of their communities to be held on 18 – 30 October 2023.
The ICYF, in partnership with the TRT, will organize the “ICYF International Media Training Camp – Journalism for Juniors”, which will expose youth from the OIC Member States to teach the ethical values and basic principles of journalism young people.
- To support the development of young people sensitive to global and social issues, capable of contributing to society and humanity, and to empower young people with leadership qualities.
- To empower young journalists to understand and evaluate the reliability of digital media.
- To share among participants their individual experiences of the media and how the mainstream media’s inaccuracy sometimes creates problems for smaller communities.
- To promote youth media participation in diverse communities.
- To strengthen youth connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media.
- To make sustainable and impactful long-term by increasing the interest of young people in the media sector, providing answers to their questions about the profession, and encouraging them to pursue a career in journalism and media.
Type: Training, Conferences
Who can Apply?
- Muslim Youth living in Istanbul who are from the 56 OIC Member States, Muslim Youth from the OIC Member States, and Muslim Minorities from the Non-OIC Member States
- Ability to communicate in English
- Aged between 18–25
- Eager to learn media issues and topics
- Involved or interested in media-related projects
- Passionate and responsible for attending the entire training program
Which Countries are Eligible? Muslims in any country of the World
Where will Award be Taken? Marmaracık Youth Camp, Sarıyer, Istanbul, Türkiye
How Many Awards? Not specified
What is the Benefit of Award? The training aims to empower a new generation of young journalists on the journey of digital storytelling and news reporting in the information age using daily tools. The training program focuses on young people ages 18 to 25 and offers an opportunity to learn new skills in mobile journalism, storytelling, field production, and journalism basics.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
The Host Organizers will cover only local transportation (from the airport/bus station to the camp area and from the camp area to the airport/bus station) expenses.
The participants will cover their international transportation by themselves.
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS IN TÜRKİYE
The Host Organizers will cover local transportation (from the airport/bus station to the camp area and from the camp area to the airport/bus station) and travel insurance.
The ICYF maximum will cover domestic transportation of the participants (living in Türkiye) up to 2000₺ (Turkish Liras).
ACCOMMODATION AND FURTHER COSTS
The Host Organizers will cover accommodation, food, and city tour costs related to local hospitality.
The Host Organizers will provide a participation confirmation letter for the necessary visa application process. The participants will cover their visa costs by themselves.
CERTIFICATION AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Certificate: Full-attended participants will receive a prestigious certificate issued by ICYF and TRT – J4J. The certification holds international recognition, adding significant value to your professional profile.
Final Project: As part of the training program, participants will be requested to submit a compelling final project. Detailed information regarding the project requirements and guidelines will be provided during the media camp training. This project will culminate your learning experience and showcase your newly acquired skills and creativity.
Evaluation: The final projects submitted by participants will be meticulously evaluated by esteemed jury members from the TRT – J4J team.
Equipment: Selected participants are kindly requested to bring the following equipment: a phone, phone tripod, and microphone to ensure an optimal learning experience. These tools will be essential in creating high-quality media content during the training.
How Long will Award Last?
- 18 -23 October for Young Men
- 25 – 30 October for Young Women
How to Apply: Apply here