CJID/Open Society Foundation (OSF) Conflict Reporting Training 2023 for Nigerian Journalists. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline: 28th June, 2023
Tell Me About Award: The Centre for Journalism Innovation and Development (CJID), in partnership with Open Society Foundation (OSF), has opened applications for Conflict Reporting Training 2023.
The three-day workshop aims to strengthen the capacity of media, researchers, and civil society organisations (CSOs) to better advocate and report conflicts and human rights violations across West Africa.
The training is particularly aimed at up-skilling Nigerian journalists and researchers to report and research on conflict/insecurity and human rights violations in the Lake Chad region.
Who can Apply?
- Open to all Nigerian journalists, media professionals, researchers, and those interested in conflict, security and human rights issues
- Applicants must have relevant experience in conflict reporting, research, or policy analysis
- Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Female journalists/researchers are encouraged to apply
Which Countries are Eligible? Nigeria
How Many Awards? Not specified
What is the Benefit of Award?
- Training and mentoring
- Grants for reporting of conflicts and human rights violations
- Media appearances on conflict-related issues
How to Apply: Apply below
Please note the following guidelines;
- Please fill out the form as accurately as possible
- Applicants must have relevant experience in conflict reporting, research, or policy analysis.
- Female journalists/researchers are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted (If you do not hear from us by the first week of July, please consider your application unsuccessful.)