McKinsey Future Leaders Prize 2023 for Undergraduate South Africans. Apply below.
When is Application Deadline: 11th August 2023
Tell Me About Award: We invite first year undergraduate students who aspire to be future leaders, making an impact that matters and those excited about growth and development to apply for the McKinsey Future Leaders Prize. You will have the opportunity to receive mentorship, learn, network and interact with our consultants. You will also learn more about what consulting is about, understand the type of work McKinsey is doing in South Africa and the continent. Two winners will each win a R15 000 cash prize. Submit a 1000-1200 word essay on the below topic.
Topic: “Given the opportunity, what socio-economic problem in South Africa would you like to solve? What are the innovative ways would you go about solving it? “
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm with six offices across Africa – Johannesburg, Lagos, Luanda, Casablanca, Nairobi, Addis Ababa. Our Johannesburg office was established in 1995 and has ~80 Consultants working across the whole continent. We have conducted over 1800 engagements in South Africa and have 10 nationalities represented among our Johannesburg office colleagues. We serve many leading African organizations across sectors including energy and materials, financial services, consumer goods and retail, telecommunications, infrastructure and logistics, as well as the public and social sectors. We also play an important role in building capabilities and creating African leaders — both in our clients’ organizations and in our own.
Who can Apply? We welcome first year applicants from various academic backgrounds interested in broadening their leadership skills and learning more about the world of consulting. This event is non-evaluative, It is an opportunity for you to connect with us and learn more about working with McKinsey in Africa.
Which Countries are Eligible? South Africa
Where will Award be Taken? 25 August – Winners are announced
How Many Awards? Not specified
What is the Benefit of Award?
- Interact with McKinsey leaders as they talk about their professional journeys, personal experiences, and expertise
- Learn about the potential opportunities offered in our office
- Meet people, network and connect with our consultants
- Get exposed to skills development and personal development
- Find out about our recruitment process
- Those selected to attend will be notified after the application deadline
How Long will Award Last? August 25, 2023 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
How to Apply: To be considered to win the Future leaders prize, we ask that you submit the following:
- Your CV in English (1-2 pages). Your and Essay and your CV should include details of your education, extracurricular activities and achievements + your transcripts