PhD Research Fellowship Programme for outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America at The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 15th March 2020 for Residence in the Fall Semester
- 15th September 2020 for Residence in the Spring Semester
- Visiting Fellows: eligible candidates include post-doctoral students, researchers or professors from other universities working in one of the Institute’s disciplines or areas of specialisation;
- Junior Visiting Fellows: eligible candidates include self-sponsored doctoral student with an independent research project or Fulbright nominees;
- Senior Fellows in Residence: senior staff members of international institutions working in one of the Institute’s areas of specialisation; could be nominated by their host institution in the case of the EU and the UN;
- Applicants must have independent funding;
- Applicants for the Swiss Confederation Scholarships requesting a letter of support from the Institute are subject to the application process below.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Scholars will spend one semester at the Institute to :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course ;
- Further a personal research project ;
- Participate in teaching courses ;
- Interact with the international community of the Institute and Geneva area.
- Scholars receive a contribution towards living expenses. The Institute will cover costs of travel and visas for participants as well accommodation costs;
- It will ensure a monthly stipend to compensate in the case of the loss of income* in the institution of origin and to cover subsistence costs in Geneva; upon presentation of a certificate
- Participants will be provided with a work space, and access to the Institute’s library and IT facilities.
To be taken at (country): Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
How to Apply:
- A brief summary of the research project at the Graduate Institute;
- A letter of support from candidate’s home institution (or supervisor;
- A passport copy.