WomenLift Health East African Leadership Program 2023 for Women Leaders. Apply below.
Table of Contents
When is Application Deadline?
13th January 2023
What is the Award?
The fully funded, 12-month East Africa Leadership Journey is designed to provide talented mid-career women leaders in health with the safe space to explore their authentic leadership through vulnerability and reflection; an inclusive and diverse network which fosters a strong sense of belonging; tools and strategies for enhancing their voice, presence, and influence – all the while being supported by a powerful group of peers, mentors, and coaches. The program imparts contextualized tools and frameworks to address the individual, organizational, and societal challenges that women leaders in global health face today.
Designed for professional women leaders, the Journey has been thoughtfully crafted for participants to be fully present & engaged. We recognize the importance of work-life harmony.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan or Tanzania
Where will Award Take Place?
Hybrid (both virtual and in-person elements)*
What Type of Award is This?
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible for consideration if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Identify as a woman
- Work in a role that focuses on public health policy, practice, and/or research (your work and partnerships serve populations at the national level in your country of residence or East Africa regional level and may include practicing public health in hospitals and health centers, producing research and innovation, creating or implementing policy, and managing teams/departments or projects/grants.)
- Mid-Career Leader: Possess sufficient years (10 – 20 years) of experience in public health
- Reside and work within Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan or Tanzania
- Must be a national of one of the five countries
- Possess fluency and ease in written and verbal communication in English to express the next level of emotional processing required for the Journey
We require participants to be living in the Central Africa (CAT) or East Africa (EAT) time zones for at least 75% of the program as we believe time zone compatibility is essential to your ability to participate at the touchpoints and to engage with your peers within and outside of the sessions. WomenLift Health is committed to selecting diverse cohort members, representing different sectors (public, private, academia, NGO, philanthropy), disciplines, and cultural backgrounds.
How are Applicants Selected?
We believe the type of women leaders who would benefit most from this program are those who value diversity, equity, and inclusion; see the value of bringing diverse lived experiences to policy and practice; and are eager to not only expand their leadership presence and influence, but to pay it forward to others in their organization and community.
What is the Benefit of Award?
Free (all program costs, including travel and lodging, are covered)
Program Duration: May 2023 – April 2024
How to Apply:
Apply here by January 13, 2023, close of business.