Google Science Fair Competition for Students Worldwide 2019
The Google Science Fair is a global online science and engineering competition open to individuals and teams from ages 13 to 18. Submit a science or engineering project and win unbelievable prizes.
Application Deadline: 12th December 2018
Eligible Countries: All
Eligible Field of Study: Science and engineering
About the Award: Throughout history many great scientists developed their curiosity for science at an early age and went on to make groundbreaking discoveries that changed the way we live. In partnership with the LEGO Group, National Geographic and Scientific American, Google is offering the annual Google Science Fair to find the next generation of scientists and engineers.
The Google science fair is inviting students ages 13-18 to participate in the largest online science competition and submit their ideas to change the world.
Eligibility: Students from age 13 to 18
Number of winners: The 16 global finalists, along with a parent or guardian, will travel to Google headquarters in Mountain View, CA to present their project to the judges and compete for the awards listed below.
Value of Price: The Grand Prize winner will receive $50,000 in scholarship funding.
- The $50,000 Google scholarship is intended to further the Grand Prize winner’s education. If a team wins the prize, the scholarship’s value will be divided equally among the teammates.
- If your Science Fair submission is something you built to solve an engineering challenge, you’ll be eligible to win the Virgin Galactic Pioneer Award or the LEGO® Education Builder Award.
- If your project offers a new way to look at the world, asking questions and answering them with experimentation, you’ll be eligible to win the National Geographic Explorer Award or Scientific American Innovator Award.
- And numerous other prizes
How to Enter: Start your project
Here are some helpful hints to give your idea the best chance of winning:
- Everyone should carefully read the Science Fair official rules found on the website.
- Safety is important. Do not use any dangerous chemicals, or ever harm any animals.
- You must have a parent’s permission to enter.
- Remember, you are not permitted to use any brands, logos or music, unless you yourself created it.
Visit contest website to apply
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)