Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2023 for South African Young Leaders
When is the Application Deadline:
30th March 2023 at 11:59pm (SAST)
Tell Me About Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship:
The 2023 Curtis Fellowship is an annual leadership development program to support youth ages 18-21 from underserved communities in South Africa who embody the values of global citizenship.
Supported by members of the Global Citizen staff, the Curtis Fellows will explore social issues and innovative international organisations with a focus on poverty alleviation in Global Citizen’s issue areas.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship?
To qualify, applicants must be between ages 18-21 (by time of application), a South African Citizen, have limited past travel experiences, and a family household income of under $120,000 RAND. Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ages 18-21 (by time of application)
- Limited travel experience
- Family household income of under R 120 000
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
What is the Benefit of Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship?
Curtis Fellows will further develop their professional and personal development through an innovative and engaging curriculum. After completion, fellows will receive letters of recommendation, guidance on future endeavours and stay connected with other Curtis Fellow alumni.
- Innovative & Engaging curriculum from April-October focused on personal and professional development
- All Expenses paid learning trip to New York City in late September exploring cultural institutions, meeting with industry leaders, and more (if travel permits)
- Speaker Series with various industry leaders
- Networking Opportunities & Internship Opportunities
- Access to a growing Alumni Network & many more opportunities
- Monthly stipend to be included for a part-time commitment between April-October 2022
How to Apply for Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship:
Applicants must submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay to [email protected] answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a teacher/professor, school administrator, community leader, or colleague to be considered for the Curtis Fellowship.
- Guidelines for Recommendation letter
- Applications close March 31st, 2023 11:59 PM SAST.
It is important to go through all application requirements before applying.
Visit Award Webpage for Details