Call for Papers: World Trade Organisation (WTO) Essay Award 2019 for Young Economists
The WTO has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2019 WTO Essay Award.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019.
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Bern, Switzerland.
About the Award: The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
Type: Award, Call for Papers
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors. To be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group, the largest conference specializing in international trade, which will take place in September 2019 in Bern, Switzerland.
- The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the meeting.
Duration of Program: Essays must be submitted by 31 May 2019. The Economic Research and Statistics Division of the WTO Secretariat will shortlist eligible papers by 14 June 2019 and the selection panel will take a final decision by 10 July 2019. Only the author(s) of short-listed essays will be notified.
How to Apply: All submissions should be sent to [email protected]. Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in Canada vs USA Which is better Study Abroad Comparison
7 Things You Didn’t Know About the Richest Black Man in the World
7 Books Oprah Winfrey Thinks Everyone Should Read