Constitutional Court of South Africa 2022 Call for Law Clerks
The Constitutional Court of South Africa invites applications from suitable candidates seeking appointment as Law Clerks for 2023.
When is the Application Deadline:
31st March 2022.
Tell Me About Constitutional Court of South Africa 2022 Call for Law Clerks:
Each Justice of the Constitutional Court is assisted by two Law Clerks whose primary function is to carry out legal research for their respective Justice.
Appointments are made for the periods January 2023 to December 2023 or July 2023 to June 2024 depending on each Justice’s requirements. Applicants should indicate the period for which they wish to be considered. Applications are considered by all Justices of the Court, and applicants should not specify a preference to work for a specific Justice. The Office of the Chief Justice (Constitutional Court) seeks to ensure that the persons selected are broadly representative of the South African population in terms of race, gender and background.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply Constitutional Court of South Africa 2022 Call for Law Clerks?
- Applicants should be in possession of Matric plus an LLB Degree or a four (4) year Legal qualification (or an equivalent or post- graduate degree) or in the final year of study for such degree and should display an interest in subjects relating to constitutional law. Academic excellence and research experience is recommended.
- Applications should include the following:
a) Applications should be in a NEW Z83 form, which can be downloaded on internet at www.judiciary.org.za/ www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp or obtainable from any Public Service Department. Each application form must be fully completed, duly signed and initialed by the applicant. The application must indicate the correct job title and the reference number as stated in the advert. Failure to fully complete the form, sign and initial by the applicant will lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process. Received applications using the
old Z83 will not be considered.
b) Cover letter for job application
c) A recent comprehensive curriculum Vitae (CV)
d) Copies of all qualifications (matric certificate, academic qualifications with academic qualifications with academic transcripts (academic record)
e) Identity Document (ID) copy
f) Letters of recommendation from three contactable referees (indicating their names, emails and telephone numbers) and
g) An example of written work between 6 – 12 pages in length, which demonstrates critical legal analysis and is written solely by the applicant; and
- Should you be in a possession of foreign qualification, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applicants must be South African citizens
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents / copies on or before the day of the interviews.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered during the selection process
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, qualification verification, citizenship checks, reference checks)
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s).
- Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of these posts, the Employment Equity Plan of the Department will be taken into consideration and preference will be given to Women and Persons with Disabilities.
- The salary for these contract positions is R 382 245.00 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefits. No other benefits are afforded.
- Applicants who are successful must please note that Office of the Chief Justice is not in a position to pay resettlement costs. Applicants must be willing to find their own accommodation and transportation considering that they will be earning.
- The advert runs from 3 January 2022 with a closing date 31 March 2022. No applications will be considered outside this application time line.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Which Countries are Eligible?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Constitutional Court of South Africa 2022 Call for Law Clerks?
The salary for these contract positions is R 382 245.00 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefits. No other benefits are afforded.
How to Apply for Constitutional Court of South Africa 2022 Call for Law Clerks:
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to:
a) electronically by email to [email protected]
b) posted at The Director: Human Resources, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X10, Marshalltown, 2107
c) or hand deliver at Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management and Development 188, 14th Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, 1685Enquiries should be directed to Office of the Chief Justice: Human Resources Department
on 010 493 2500 / 2533 / 2531/ 2528. Attention to Mses. C Gideon; Ms B Rakgotho and