Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program 2022 at Tianjin University. Apply below!
When is the Application Deadline:
15th April 2022
Tell Me About Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program 2022 at Tianjin University:
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education, P.R.C to support designated Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Tianjin University (TJU), as a first class university in China, has been designated to undertake this program for over ten years since 2008.
Which Fields are Eligible?
For programs covered by this scholarship, please click; (For reference only, final approved programs will be decided by CSC)
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program 2022 at Tianjin University?
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport. For applicants who used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries, the conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China should be met.
2. Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
Applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35 ;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
Applicants shall be of good moral character, physically and mentally healthy, and willing to comply with Chinese laws and the regulations of Tianjin University.
3. Language Proficiency requirements:
①Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering / Science; HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business and liberal arts is needed.
( Native Chinese speakers or applicants taught in Chinese during master study may be exempted from the HSK test after certified by Tianjin University)
②English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (Native English speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0. （Native English speakers are exempted. Applicants who obtained their highest diploma taught in English may provide a certificate of English instruction instead of IELTS or TOEFL certificate）
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program 2022 at Tianjin University?
1. Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
2. Monthly Living Allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
How to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program 2022 at Tianjin University:
1.Scan copy of highest diploma. Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained degree certificate before the application deadline, please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration.
2.Scan of notarized copy of the academic transcripts (Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline may provide their current academic transcript and submitted the full transcript before registration).
3.Photocopy of passport. (Ordinary passport with valid period).
4.Chinese or English Proficiency Certificate (for more requirements, please refer to Qualifications ).
5.Study Experience Resume (The start and end time of each education experience must be uninterrupted, and education level should start from senior middle school). Click here to download Study Experience Resume template.
6.Study or research plan: no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
7.Two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors (Please click to download the template).
8.Published papers or formal acceptance notification（Compulsory for PhD applicants）
9.Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor (please click to download the template). Remember to upload it to the application system, if you get the Acceptance letter. Please click here to get？contacts of？professors.
10.Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after November, 2021).
11.Applicants who are now in China must submit scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present university.
12. Scan of Non-Criminal Records.
13.Other attachments: (Scholarship applicants should submit CSC application form with signature, applicants of School of Architecture are requested to submit E-work Collection and Video Presentation etc.）
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program 2022 at Tianjin University Application Remarks:
1. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
2. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
3. Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
4. TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
VII. Admission Procedures
1. Application: From now until Apr.15, 2022
2. TJU Review and interview: March 16 to June 1, 2022;
Date and form of interview will be notified through the email of TJU online system. Please check your email day by day. Applicants who fail to attend the interview are deemed to be giving up the application.
3. China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
4. Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
5. Registration: from the end of August to the early September, 2022.
Visit Award Webpage for Details