DAAD In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 for Students in Eastern Africa
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with The Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) and Strathmore University are pleased to announce that they are offering up to 5 PhD scholarships in Health Management.
Application Deadline: 24th February 2019 at 5.00pm.
Field of Study: Applications for DAAD PhD scholarships at Strathmore University must be in the following program/field of study:
- PhD in Healthcare Management
- You must be a citizen of one of the following Eastern African countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
- You must have Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated programme or official letter assuring admission.
Number of Awards: Up to 5
Value of Award:
- The scholarship includes full tuition fees, monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a full scholarship, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet.
- Successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme. They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDeAL
Duration of Programme: Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual application to DAAD
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, you first need an admission letter from Strathmore University as the host institution.
Submit all the documents listed in the Requirements for Application document and the DAAD information sheet 2019/2020. Please download the requirements document here. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click here to download the Reference Form.
- Click here to download the Graduate Application Form.
- Click here to download the DAAD Information Sheet.
Please submit your complete application as a Single folder to Strathmore University using the Submission Form below.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying