Universiti Malaya Excellence PhD Scholarship is an exclusive scholarship offered to high performing and outstanding students, both local and international, to pursue full-time PhD by research at Universiti Malaya. Full (monthly stipend + Tuition fees) and Partial (Tuition fees only) scholarships are available.
Table of Contents
When is the Application Deadline:
29th October 2021
Tell Me About Universiti Malaya Excellence PhD Scholarship:
Universiti Malaya offers an exclusive scholarship to high performing and outstanding new postgraduate students (local and international) to pursue full-time PhD by research programme at Universiti Malaya
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible?
Specific Requirements for Student (Applicant)
- Open to all FULL TIME “new” Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by research candidates in Universiti Malaya. “New” is defined as candidates who have not yet registered as a PhD student with Universiti Malaya. Those who have already registered as PhD students are not eligible to apply.
- Minimum Requirements:
i. Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of >3.5 (or equivalent), and:
ii. Master’s Degree by research; or Master’s Degree by mixed mode (coursework and dissertation) with distinction and a CGPA of at least 3.70/4.00 (or equivalent)
- English language requirements:
i. IELTS Band 6.5 or TOEFL 73-93 or CEFR B2
ii. The validity of the English test is within two (2) years from the date of the examination
- Must not exceed 35 years of age on the 31st December in the year of application
- Must be registered as a FULL TIME student during the duration of study in Universiti Malaya
- For recipients of FULL Scholarships, students must NOT be sponsored by any other body or organization
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit & Duration of Universiti Malaya Excellence PhD Scholarship?
Successful applicants will receive either a FULL or PARTIAL scholarship.
- FULL Scholarship – RM2,500 stipend per month and tuition fees
Duration: for six (6) semesters or thirty six (36) months or until completion of the PhD
programme whichever is shortest.
- PARTIAL Scholarship – Tuition fees only
Duration: for six (6) semesters or until completion of the PhD programme whichever is shortest.
How to Apply for Universiti Malaya Excellence PhD Scholarship:
- Candidate applies for scholarship via MAYA
- Academic Administration and Services Centre (AASC ) screening the application
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an aptitude test and interview together with potential
- Successful candidate receives FULL or PARTIAL Scholarship offer letter.
- Successful candidate MUST sign a scholarship agreement with Universiti Malaya