Access Bank Ghana Business Startup Challenge 2021
The Business startup challenge is an Access Bank Gh PLC initiative designed to help young entrepreneurs successfully set up and run businesses. The business challenge which started last year as the 5k challenge is powered by the Women banking unit of the bank and partnered by Platinum Africa Solutions.
When is the Application Deadline:
22nd of October,2021.
Tell Me About Access Bank Ghana Business Startup Challenge:
The Business Startup Challenge 2021” all about is a business challenge that seeks to fund, coach, groom, and nurture young entrepreneurs in Ghana. The 2021 edition is about assisting young entrepreneurs to connect with the power of creating and building solid businesses which are geared towards solving problems and creating employment. In the end, we believe this can help build the capacities of entrepreneurs, curb unemployment and improve the economy.
Major challenges of start-ups in Ghana are generally funding, mismanagement of resources and lack of business expertise and strategies.
Many of these start-ups and businesses shutdown due to lack of training, experience, and strategies to properly manage funds and other resources. This is where The Business Startup Challenge (TBSUC) comes in handy. TBSUC is a business challenge for young entrepreneurs in Ghana between ages 18 and 35. Those selected will go through a series of workshops and mentorship to nurture their start-ups or business ideas into reality. Shortlisted entrepreneurs from different regions in Ghana will compete by sharing innovative ideas on how their businesses could transform society when given the needed support.
The first edition of this challenge was dubbed “5k Challenge’ which was held virtually in 2020.
TBSUC is not only about providing funds for businesses, but also equipping them with practical training, networks and exposure needed for their businesses to thrive.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who is Eligible?
The ideal candidate/ candidates:
- Must have business ideas or start-up businesses, capable of solving problems in Ghana.
- Must be between 18-35 years of age.
- Must be operating in Ghana and be registered with the Registrar General’s Department of Ghana. An applicant may however apply for the challenge then start the business registering process)
- Must have a new business idea or a prototype of an already existing one that is sustainable and has the potential to grow and expand.
- Must be willing to undergo training, mentorship and be present during all phases of the project.
- Should have only one other member for those applying as a team
How are Applicants Selected?
The competition will be in 3 stages.
- The Application stage.
- The Pitching and boot camp Stage
- And the Final stage(where the winners will be crowned)
Which Countries are Eligible?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Access Bank Ghana Business Startup Challenge?
The following are the rewards to be given:
a. 1st prize: ¢15,000
b. 2nd Prize: ¢10,000
c. 3rd prize: ¢5,000
All three winners will in addition receive:
d. Gh¢20,000 worth insurance cover from Access Bank
e. Gh¢30,000 worth consulting package from Platinum Africa Solutions & ICS Africa
f. A free website from Ayiyi Labs Ltd.
g. Cover feature on OASIS Magazine
h. 6 months of Ozé Premium App subscription
How to Apply for Access Bank Ghana Business Startup Challenge:
Interested in applying? Click here