Jeanie Borlaug Laube Women in Triticum (WIT) Early Career Award 2021
Apply now for the Jeanie Borlaug Laube Women in Triticum (WIT) Early Career Award 2021 for women.
When is Application Deadline?
31st October 2021
Tell me about Jeanie Borlaug Laube Women in Triticum (WIT) Early Career Award:
Applications are open for the Jeanie Borlaug Laube Women in Triticum (WIT) Early Career Award 2021. This award, established in 2010, provides professional development opportunities for women working in wheat during the early stages of their career.
The award is named after Jeanie Borlaug Laube, mentor to many, and daughter of Nobel Laureate Dr. Norman E. Borlaug. Jeanie Borlaug Laube has served as Chair of the Borlaug Global Rust Initiative since October 2009. Recipients of the Jeanie Borlaug Laube WIT Early Career award will be supported to participate in the International Wheat Congress in 2022 in China.
Type of Award?
Who is Eligible?
- The award is made only to women.
- There is no age limit, but the award is intended for early career scientists ranging from advanced undergraduates to recent PhD graduates and postdoctoral fellows.
- Priority is given to women at the pre-professoriate level.
What are the Selection Criteria?
Nominees will be judged on:
- Strength of scientific abstract submitted to the BGRI annual technical workshop
- Commitment to and passion for agricultural development
- Leadership potential
- Quality of written statement of intent
Which countries are eligible?
How Many Awards are available?
What is the Benefit of this Award?
The Early Career Award 2021 provides professional development assistance to early-career women in wheat.
How can I apply for Jeanie Borlaug Laube Women in Triticum (WIT) Early Career Award?
To apply, complete the Application Form and submit along with a letter of recommendation from a supervisor, professor, or mentor that speaks to the applicant’s leadership potential. The application period is open until October 31, 2021.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.