East African Photography Award 2021 for East African Photographers
The annual East African Photography Award (EAPA) is open to citizens from Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2021
About the Award: Each year entrants are invited to share multi-image stories on any topic that they find interesting, and the judges look not only at the individual images but also at the overall story’s quality and relevance. The Award was created to shine a spotlight on documentary photography that focuses on people and cultures from the perspective of East African citizens. Through this we hope to promote and encourage the documentation of the fast-changing realities around us, and the cultural, socio-political, environmental and technological issues that affect individuals and societies and the way we live.
- The contest is restricted to citizens of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Ethiopia, 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must have been taken between August 1st 2019 and August 1st 2021, and must be submitted by August 1st 2021. This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
- Each entrant can submit up to 2 stories. For each story a minimum of 10, and a maximum of 20 photographs should be submitted.
- Entry is free.
- The jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Prizes will be awarded for each place .
- The jury reserves the right not to award any or all prizes. All decisions by the jury will be final .
- By entering the competition the photographer confirms that they are the original author of the image(s) and that they own the rights to all the images they enter into this competition, or if they are an employee of a media organization they have all necessary permissions from their organization .
- Winning entries with explicit permission from the photographer can be part of our annual exhibition.
- Employees of FOTEA/UPPA, Visura, the judging panel and any family members cannot enter the contest.
- Employees of Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES), FOTEA/ Uganda Press Photo Award and the judging panel will not enter into dialogue with entrants.
- With the submission the photographer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Value of Award: Winner takes home CanonEOS R with EF 24-105mm lens, gear from f-stop and other prizes.
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.