ATU Africa Innovation Challenge 2021 for Youth ICT Innovation
Are you implementing a practice that is promoting youth ICT innovation? Submit your practice below
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021.
Eligibility: The ATU Africa Innovation Challenge 2021(in partnership with ITU) is open to ALL ecosystem stakeholders such as; regulatory authorities, entrepreneurial support organizations, incubators, accelerators, or any institution (schools, colleges or universities) from AFRICA, with programmes and policies that focus on creating an enabling environment for youth ICT innovations to thrive
Selection Criteria: Every entry will be evaluated based on the following criteria concepts:
• Adherence to the set guidelines
• Response to the theme of the competition (the entry expresses or interprets coherently the competition theme)
• Novelty/ originality of the practice and information on the two beneficiaries and their innovation (originality of the concept, innovative approach to implementation).
• Impact of the practice in enabling youth ICT innovation to thrive in Africa.
• Overall impression
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The winner will receive USD 10,000 and their practice will be recognized as the 2021 ATU Best ICT Ecosystem Practice in Africa Enabling Youth ICT Innovation
How to Apply: The ecosystem stakeholder will be required to submit:
i. A unique practice that creates an enabling environment for youth ICT innovations to thrive. The practice MUST be an ORIGINAL idea/concept developed by the ecosystem stakeholders and MUST have been successfully implemented (and running) for a minimum of one year. It can be in the form of a policy, an initiative/programme supporting youth in technology; and
ii. Information about two innovators (who MUST be below 35 years old) that have benefitted from this practice
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.