CSIR Undergraduate/Graduate Student Bursary 2022 for South African Students
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) hereby invites applications from students wishing to pursue a career in research, technology development and innovation as well as corporate/support areas.
Application Deadline: 30th July 2021
About the Award: Throughout history, science has had a critical role to play in contributing towards societal progress and prosperity. Organisations such as the CSIR have an important role to play in advancing science and innovation. Armed with some of the best minds in the world, we work on trying to solve problems that can help all South Africans. The CSIR hereby invites applications from students wishing to pursue a career in research, technology development and innovation as well as corporate/support areas.
Eligible Field(s): THE CSIR BURSARY PROGRAMME IS OPEN TO ACADEMICALLY QUALIFYING YOUNG PEOPLE AND ALSO AIMS TO ATTRACT AND INCREASE PARTICIPATION OF WOMEN AND BLACK PEOPLE IN SCIENCE, ENGINEERING
AND TECHNOLOGY, SPECIFICALLY IN THE AREAS MENTIONED BELOW.
Type: Undergraduate, Master, PhD
Must be a South African Citizen
• Planning to enrol full-time at a South African University for 2022
• For current grade 12 students, English Level 5, Mathematics Level 6 and Physics Level 6
• For students currently at universities, must have passed all the courses for which you have registered for at the university for the study period already completed
Selection Criteria: APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR MASTERS AND DOCTORAL BURSARIES SHOULD BE SOUTH AFRICAN
CITIZENS WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
• Good scientific writing skills;
• Good organisational and time management skills;
• Excellent academic record;
• A drive to conduct research, self-motivation and the ability to work independently and within a team are essential;
• The ability to formulate and carry out research;
• Excellent technical abilities;
• The ability to work well under pressure as part of a team and meet scheduled deliverables; Good communication
skills both verbal and writing (e.g. with evidence of report and/or conference papers writing); and
• Good report writing abilities.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who takes ownership and initiative. He/she
must also meet the entry requirements for an undergraduate/honours’ bursary at the selected university.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS MUST BE FOR FULL-TIME STUDIES TOWARDS AN
ACADEMIC DEGREE AT AN ACCREDITED PUBLIC SOUTH AFRICAN UNIVERSITY.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE BURSARY AND IT COVERS ALL THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH UNIVERSITY
STUDIES, SUCH AS:
• Registration fees
• Tuition fees
• Living Allowances
• Once off laptop allowance
Academic merit will be considered during the selection process, as well as the imperative to increase the participation of women and black people in science, engineering and technology.
How to Apply: YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
• Application letter stating the field of study you are applying for;
• An updated CV;
• A copy of your certified identity document; and
• A copy of your latest academic record
FAILURE TO ATTACH THESE DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING NULL AND VOID.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.